Let us help you, we just need some info.
Supply Chain Management (SCM) can be divided into three main areas: purchasing, manufacturing, and transport. From end to end, this includes decisions about which input materials to use, production quantities, inventory levels, distribution network configuration, and transportation for both the input materials as well as for the finished products. Logistics Management is the component of SCM that focuses on how and when to get raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods from their respective origins to their destinations.
As supply chains are becoming increasingly global and complex, total insight and visibility of the logistics is critical. Visibility encompasses not only sensing data, but also how to analyze it and take appropriate action across the extended enterprise.
Achieving end-to-end visibility requires new ways of looking at people and processes.
Some tips for achieving end-to-end visibility in your transportation process:
- Create an outside-in culture within your organization by focusing on customers and trading partners.
- Take down silos within your organization to have full advantage of end-to-end visibility.
- Use predictive and prescriptive analytics to support your visibility goals.
- Utilize cloud-based shared process and information layers within your information architecture to sit above physical assets, supply chain, and operational applications.
- Use collaborative tools to add context during transport execution - instead of using email and telephone.
Once you achieve real-time visibility in your transport execution process, this will contribute to:
- higher order fulfillment rates
- improved customer service levels
- higher profitability
- increased operational efficiency
- higher revenue growth
- Better on time performance
- Reduce variability in lead times
- Free up working capital
Want to learn more about how to digitize your transport execution enabling 360° visibility for you and your supply chain partners?
Contact us, and we’ll guide you ;)